My Slackware 12.1 - StartX Problem

Well its definitely begin when I have already complete the slackware instalation on my computer. Everything was fun, its all done good, but when I try to start my x windows by tape "startx" and hit the "enter" button after login as root. my computer's monitor go off then. wowow... what happened to my monitor??

Oh yes, its new game on my slackware, and with little bit of curiousity I go online an try to figure it out and try to find the problem solving for my monitor.

Hours later, there no solving result about my problem, then my YM friend, Wira who told me that it's the problem with "/etc/X11/xorg.conf" or the monitor refresh rate. Yes, i've got brighter ways.

I go to my /etc directory but I find nothing about the X11 sub directory, even xorg.inf. but yeah I got one step forward.

Then I still fight with these problem, go to forum and yes i've found the SlackBook and SlackBasic. It contents a lot of basic configuration about slackware. I get download it and just try to find out about the X configuration.

And you now guess? what the wira said is not a hundred percent true. So the main point of these problem is :

"In the default slackware 12.1 instalation. it has no x setting configuration itself. So we have to make it first before start the x windows"

Yes, so the answer for my monitor problem is we need to configure the x setting first and save it to the slackware system then we can start the x windows safely.


Well for the step by step to configure the x setting for the slackware 12.1 I'll made for the next posts. Its because the detaiil configuration need more space here.So please come back to figure it out. Thanks





Check ketersediaan nama kamu sebagai nama domain!!


Related Posts by Categories



0 komentar:

Others

Links Galery Other
Maj'sBlog
get the code

Red Carpet : BolaSinema
Rohman Sudiro
TopicKhamsionk
Iyandri
David
Deskapahendri
HackTheSlack
MyCuteLingeries
Ngadsens
Frizzy
omSanjaya
marcel
pinginbelajar
jepangsong
thobingsunarya
ripmaggots
rumahislami
neocomp4
arwi-cigo
nearie.web.id
aveef
sakurasays
You ??
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from majendra. Make your own badge here.